Dr. Diana Salzmann is a graduate of the Cleveland Chiropractic College in Kansas City, and taught motion palpation, extremity and sports injuries adjusting at Life Chiropractic College. Since 1983, Dr. Salzmann has practiced in the Atlanta area.
During that time, she came to the realization that most of her clients suffer from preventable ailments. The common denominator causing people to seek chiropractic care (other than trauma caused by accidents) is pain and suffering caused by a general a lack of fitness. Instead of treating the symptoms, Dr. Salzmann wanted to address the underlying cause of most of her clients’ pain and suffering.
A lifelong believer in the benefits of physical fitness (Jack LaLane has been her hero since she was 6), Dr. Salzmann recommended stretching and exercise for her patients, but knew they needed more. To truly help people avoid pain and reduced physical activity levels, she would need to help them develop strength and flexibility. Though already an expert in the mechanics of the human body, Dr. Salzmann knew she needed to go back to school to learn how to train her clients to become fit.
Having managed a gym while in college, Dr. Salzmann knew that strength training is critical, but that most people lack the knowledge to lift weights correctly, resulting in serious injuries over time. She enrolled in the International Sports Sciences Association program and is now an ISSA certified fitness trainer.
After her first Pilates class, Dr. Salzmann realized that this exercise focused on the critical, core muscles needed to prevent most of the back injuries she saw in her clients. She immediately signed up for courses and received the extensive training necessary to become certified in Pilates Rehabilitation and Allegro Pilates – a unique skill set that makes her a valued member of the Dynamic Spine and Sports Therapy team.
- DC – Cleveland Chiropractic College
- 1983-1989 Associate Professor Life Chiropractic College
- BS – Southeast Missouri University
- Motion Palpation
- Sports Injuries and Extremity Adjusting
- Rock Tape
- Certified Full Body Level 2 Active Release Techniques Provider
- Active Release Technique Elite Provider
- Certified SMFA (Selective Functional Movement Assessment) Level 2 Provider
- ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
- Polestar Pilates Certification-Allegro
- Polestar Rehabilitation Certification
- Polestar Group Allegro Certification
- Certified YogaFit Instructor
- Certified IVCA (International Veterinarian Chiropractic Association)